J79 Digital Temperature Control Amplifier - F-4
The RSL DTCA (Temperature Control Amplifier) is an all digital replacement for the analogue exhaust temperature (T5) controller. This is featured with the engine Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) of the GE J79 turbo-jet engine of the F-4, F-104 and Kfir aircraft.
The DTCA for the J79 significantly improves engine performance and reliability, gaining flight safety, fleet readiness and streamlines the maintenance effort while reducing ownership costs.
The DTCA is a mature and proven solution used in operational service by several air forces worldwide including the Israeli, German, Turkish, Japanese and many others. It is fully qualified by GEAE.The DTCA is a form fit replacement of the original analog controller. It features improved control logic and diagnostic capabilities.
- Improved flight safety
- Improved engine performance
- Reduced pilot workload
- Quick payback
- Reduced maintenance effort and cost
- Debriefing capability
- Improved fleet availability and cuts in-fleet operation costs by:
- Increased engine MTBF
- Decreased engine MTTR
- Dimensions: (HxWxL) 4.9"x2.9"x12.6" (125 x 73 x 320)mm
- Weight: 5.95 lb (2.7Kg)
- Actual MTBF over 10,000 flight hours
- Fuel cooled
- Qualifications: MIL-STD-810C, MIL-STD-461B and MIL-STD-704A
- Max. Power Consumption: 10W